Mudrex Treasury Fund Dec 2020 update: +9.32% returns!

When we started building Mudrex in Oct 2018, we just wanted to solve our own problems. Automating trading was hard, finding quality strategies and signal providers was difficult, and the crypto world was filled with scams. We wanted to build a trustworthy, reliable, and scalable platform that just works and helps us grow our money.

2 years from that point, in Oct 2020, we made our first investment from the companies books. We paper traded for 6 months, ran countless backtests, and detailed risk analysis. After all, this was the company’s money, not something we could just afford to play with. Our literal survival depends on Mudrex having funds till we monetize at scale.

We started was a modest sum of 4000 USD, and paid all the fees any other user would need to pay, but it marked an important point in our journey. This is the first of many products we plan to offer in the future under the ‘Mudrex Fund’ umbrella. Over the next year, we plan to scale this Mudrex Treasury Fund up to ~20 Mn USD.

Performance till date: +41.89% in 3 months

We started with paper trading to identify core strategies. 70% of the investment always goes into strategies that have a long performance history and have been well tested. This core is used to offer steady, month over month, consistent gains. The remaining 30% is distributed among less proven strategies that have shown a burst of growth in the recent past.

Oct ’20Nov ’20Dec’ 20
Initial Amount4000720010600
Final Amount4476834611595
Returns %11.90%15.92%9.39%
Investment History

We have steadily grown the investment amount from 4,000 USD in Oct to now 20,675 USD. We have had an average monthly return of ~12.4%. Returns over the last three months are 50% higher than the expected return of ~8% per month (based on 6-month paper trading history). As time progresses and the market calms down we expect the average to reduce and plateau off. We also expect some loss-making months.

Mudrex Treasury Fund Dec 2020 update: +9.32% returns!
NAV growth

Dec 2020 Performance: + 9.32%

Dec 2020 was a great month for crypto overall. 5 out of 6 bundles we had picked gave >10% returns. Unfortunately, the one bundle that we were used on a trial basis ended up losing a large amount. The benefit of diversification is that despite that a large loss in one bundle, the gains made by the other bundles were enough to give us steady returns.

Date range29th Nov-29th Dec
Initial Value10,600 USD
Final Value11,595 USD

Here is how the individual returns looked like at the end of the month.

Mudrex Treasury Fund Dec 2020 update: +9.32% returns!

Portfolio setup for Jan 2021

We plan to increase both the amount and the number of bundles we invest in. For Jan 2021 we have chosen 9 bundles to deploy capital across 2 different funds, one aimed at steady USDT growth another one for BTC growth.

Start date29th Dec 2020
Total Invested20,675 USD (16,000 USDT +0.18 BTC)
Number of Bundles9

Transparency is a value we strongly believe in. We think that more people can benefit from our analysis and hence we are opening up our entire portfolio for everyone to look at and get inspired from. We hope this helps users find the best options for their investment.

Mudrex Treasury Fund Dec 2020 update: +9.32% returns!


  1. Public sheet with Mudrex Treasury Fund portfolio performance info
  2. Bundles in USDT growth fund:
    1. Toshin Link
    2. Wave
    3. Windfarm ETH
    4. Chimera BTC Spot
    5. PrimusAlgo Scalp USDT
    6. MisterCripto BTC Binance Futures
  3. Bundles in BTC Growth Fund
    1. Toshin IX Binance futures
    2. MisterCripto BTC Binance Coin Futures
    3. PrimusAlgo Scalp BTC

Check out our Mudrex Treasury Fund Jan 2021 returns for more information. Get regular crypto investment tips, strategies and a lot more on our blog.

Financial Disclaimer

The above does not constitute financial advice in any way whatsoever. Nothing published by Mudrex constitutes an Investment recommendation nor should any data published by Mudrex be used for investment activities. Mudrex, its employees or any of the strategy creators on the platform are not registered financial advisors or investment professionals. We strongly recommend that you perform your own independent research and/or speak to a qualified investment professional before investing.

Latest stories

You might also like...