Mudrex Treasury Fund Feb 2021 update: +10.32% returns!

When we started building Mudrex in Oct 2018, we just wanted to solve our own problems. Automating trading was hard, finding quality strategies and signal providers was difficult, and the crypto world was filled with scams. We wanted to build a trustworthy, reliable, and scalable platform that just works and helps us grow our money.

2 years from that point, in Oct 2020, we made our first investment from the companies books. We paper traded for 6 months, ran countless backtests, and detailed risk analysis. After all, this was the company’s money, not something we could just afford to play with. Our literal survival depends on Mudrex having funds till we monetize at scale.

We started was a modest sum of 4000 USD, and paid all the fees any other user would need to pay, but it marked an important point in our journey. This is the first of many products we plan to offer in the future under the ‘Mudrex Fund’ umbrella. Over the next year, we plan to scale this up to ~20 Mn USD. Performance details below:

Performance till date: +78.16% in 5 months

We started with paper trading to identify core strategies. 70% of the investment always goes in strategies that have a long performance history and have been well tested. This core is used to offer steady, month-over-month, consistent gains. The remaining 30% is distributed among less proven strategies that have shown a burst of growth in the recent past.

Oct ’20Nov ’20Dec’ 20Jan’ 21Feb’ 21
Initial Amount40007200106002067540629
Final Amount44768346115952353244822
Returns %11.90%15.92%9.39%13.82%10.32%
NAV %11.9%29.71%41.89%61.5%78.16%

Investment History

We have steadily grown the investment amount from 4,000 USD in Oct to now 71500 USD. We have had an average monthly return of ~12.27%. Returns over the last four months are 50% higher than the expected return of ~8% per month (based on 6-month paper trading history). As time progresses and the market calms down we expect the average to reduce and plateau off. We also expect some loss-making months.

Feb 2021 Performance: + 10.32%

Feb 2021 was a very volatile month. Most tokens saw ATHs only to be ramed back to reality. Our USDT Growth fund actually just saw a 2% growth. But Diversification came to our rescue. we had allcoated~25% of our portfolio to a BTC growth fund as well which outshined. The allocation we chose, grew our BTC position by 4% and then the increase in BTC price did the rest, at the end giving us a nice 10% bump up in performance.

Date range29th Jan-28th Feb
Initial Value40269 USD
Final Value44822 USD
Returns10.32 %

Here is how the individual returns looked like at the end of the month. As you can see diversifying greatly helped us reduce losses from some of the trial bundle.

Portfolio setup for Feb 2021

We plan to increase both the amount and the number of bundles we invest in. For Mar 2021, we have chosen 17 bundles to deploy capital across 2 different funds, one aimed at steady USDT growth another one for BTC growth.

Start date28th Feb 2021
Total Invested71500 USD(53.5k USDT +0.4 BTC)
Number of Bundles17

Transparency is a value we strongly believe in. We think that more people can benefit from our analysis and hence we are opening up our entire portfolio for everyone to look at and get inspired from. We hope this helps users find the best options for their investment.


  1. Public sheet with Mudrex Treasury portfolio performance info and allocation
  2. Bundles in USDT growth fund:
    1. Toshin Link(15%)
    2. ACE ETH (15%)
    3. Chimera BTC Spot(15%)
    4. Windfarm ETH(7.5%)
    5. Hugonacci Lite(7.5%)
    6. PrimusAlgo Scalp USDT(7.5%)
    7. MisterCripto BTC Binance Futures(7.5%)
    8. MisterCripto BTC Spot (7.5%)
    9. MisterCripto Link(7.5%)
    10. King ETH Futures(2.5%)
    11. King ETH Spot (2,5%)
    12. VdET76T – ADA (5%)
  3. Bundles in BTC Growth Fund
    1. MisterCripto BTC Binance Coin Futures (20%)
    2. PrimusAlgo Scalp BTC (20%)
    3. Chimera Coin Futures (20%)
    4. Wave Coin Futures (20%)
    5. VdET76 BTC Accum (20%)

Financial Disclaimer

The above does not constitute financial advice in any way whatsoever. Nothing published by Mudrex constitutes an Investment recommendation nor should any data published by Mudrex be used for investment activities. Mudrex, its employees or any of the strategy creators on the platform are not registered financial advisors or investment professionals. We strongly recommend that you perform your own independent research and/or speak to a qualified investment professional before investing.

Latest stories

You might also like...